Post 7: An expert / person in your field that you admire


MARIO MOLINA 
Chemistry nobel (1995)


 When I was in “Cuarto Medio” my chemistry teacher took us to meet Mario Molina the Chemistry nobel of 1995. My teacher was brother of a chemistry ingenieer so the brother with his investigation team of sweden were friend of Molina so as my teacher. Well the goberment of chile specifictly the transport minister they welcome the nobel, the investigation team and small groups of students of public schools. I had the oportunity to meet all that people, the nobel was an old man from mexico he was humble, not like my teacher's brother who was a table vase. Mario responds all our questions as school students in a very calm, humble way without belittling us. He was a cool man. Was. Because he died last year in october. I was very sad when i read the newspaper that day. 



But why mario Molina was and “IS” important until now? Well he discovered that polluting gases have a destructive effect on the  atmosfer, without decomposing. He was part of the pioneers in establishing the relationship between the ozone hole and colorines and bromide compounds in the stratosphere.


About his life, he was born in March 19, 1943 Mexico City, Mexico  and was the first Mexican-born scientist to receive a Nobel Prize in Chemistry and the third Mexican born person to receive the Nobel award.

he really inspired me in sciences as a latino brother, as a culture we have power and knowlege and a lot of talented profesionals, i HOPE someday our politics realize that to improve as countries we need science and investigation. Molina have teach me that whatever the titles and prizes you have you never have to lose your humility.  NEVER. because what is worse to meet an icon if is an unpleasant person. if you are good with others you can inspire a whole world with your actions. 



Mario Molina and me 

(2018)

Rest in peace


Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Post 1: Who i am

Post 5: A photo and its story

Post 2: Why did I choose my major?